Monday, April 20

Works of God Monday

We are so blessed to live here in the USA, even with all that is going on in the economy and the decisions of the governing bodies that we may not agree with.

This weekend, Michael and I constructed a makeshift play fort for Aaron out of some old doors that previously were a part of our garage storage area. It is definitely not anything spiffy, just an A-frame type lean-to. It's a little over 6 feet long and about 8 feet wide at the floor. He will have fun playing in it, I'm sure.

I was sitting inside, helping Michael with the construction, and I was struck with the facts - someone in the world would be so grateful for this structure as a main living quarters. For the whole family. And I was overcome with thankfulness to God for the house we have. I needed the reminder - I've been a little impatient with the slowness of our indoor renovations. I'm so thankful that God has provided for our housing needs in amazing ways. We have a great house for a fraction of what it would cost to rent a small apartment. Praise the Lord for His provision!

So, how has God provided for your family this week? What has He been teaching you? What are you thankful for? How did you watch God work this week? Take a little time to praise the Lord with your blog or leave a comment!

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.


2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the reminder of how fortunate we are to have our homes. Last night on tv, I watched the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie 'The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler'. I stayed awake afterward thinking the same thing - how fortunate was are for our homes, and also the freedom to move from place to place and protection for our children. The little Jewish kids in the Warsaw Ghetto were shown living in shelter like you built.

Karis said...

You are so right about being blessed with housing. We are too particularly with housing that keeps us dry. The rainy season is almost here which means the rains have started up again pretty consistently. So many people suffer because they have no way to stay dry. Or like my language helper, they have a "shack" with a roof but the rain comes in through the walls and stands on the floor depending on how much we get. And their foam things they sleep on are on the floor so if it happens at night, they can't sleep until it stops and they get it cleaned up. But they are fortunate to have what they have. I look at my house sometimes from an American standpoint and sigh but then I immediately feel guilty as I have a palace compared to many. My thoughts are so reflective after reading your post.