Tuesday, April 28

welling up

I couldn't be MORE happy for Stellan. Not even if I tried.

And this song has been on my mind this morning. Not sure why, but it is a goodie. There are several verses here that I had not heard before.

I Will Arise (Hart/Walker)

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and pow’r.

Refrain:
I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
Oh, there are ten thousand charms.

Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome,
God’s free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance,
Every grace that brings you nigh.

Come, ye weary, heavy-laden,
Lost and ruined by the fall;
If you tarry till you’re better,
You will never come at all.

View Him prostrate in the garden;
On the ground your Maker lies;
On the bloody tree behold Him;
Sinner, will this not suffice?

Lo! th’ incarnate God ascended,
Pleads the merit of His blood:
Venture on Him, venture wholly,
Let no other trust intrude.

Let not conscience make you linger,
Not of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth
Is to feel your need of Him.

So I was looking and looking and couldn't find a version on YouTube that was basic. So here is basic. Please excuse my gravely moments. I blame it on the elephant sitting on my chest.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I hadn't heard all of the verses either. Thanks for that! I too am PSYCHED for Stellan and his mommy Jennifer to be able to finally go home. What an answer to prayer!

Rosemary said...

Oh, THANK YOU for your recording of this!!! I like this song alot, but I didn't know it before and now I can learn it :) You are blessed with a BEAUTIFUL singing voice, Jenny. The last time I heard it was when you and Michael lead the singing at your wedding. (How lovely that was!!!!) THANKS for sharing.
Love, Aunt Rosemary