Monday, April 13

Works of God Monday


I'm so thankful for the work of God, especially seen this weekend as we celebrated the resurrection of Christ. This year was different than others, but no less encouraging. My tonsils are not quite as scary now, and I once again praise the Lord for modern medicine. Namely, antibiotics left over from last time when I was too forgetful to take the rest. Ha ha.

I'm so SO thankful for the grace of God to give me hope through His Word. I was thinking about 2 Corinthians 4 yesterday, especially this part of the passage:

"For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." (esv)

I am certainly a jar of clay, but that makes the message of the gospel even more precious to me! That God would shine in my heart and give me knowledge of Jesus Christ and all He has done for me - that floors me. It is amazing, and definitely a work of HIS grace!

**I almost forgot! I have sold 3 items I'd listed on Etsy! Praise the Lord!**

So, how has God provided for your family this week? What has He been teaching you? What are you thankful for? How did you watch God work this week? Take a little time to praise the Lord with your blog or leave a comment!


"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.


2 comments:

Shelldell said...

I love the stories behind the hymns, I pray your throat feels better soon.
We had a lovely Easter weekend with Nate and Lissa.
God is so good.

A Dusty Frame said...

Thanks for linking to my Works of God too:)
WOO HOO on the sales!