Wednesday, August 27

he's been decaffeinated.

On Monday, toward the end of Aaron's nap, I poured myself a cup of decaf and sat down to nurse Evan. I finished my coffee with about an inch to spare in the cup - more often than not, my coffee gets too cold for me to enjoy it all the way to the end. Unless I'm drinking it with a friend and we are only chatting and drinking, but that hasn't happened in awhile.

So then Aaron got up and I went to the office to look up a phone number and before I knew it, here is Aaron standing next to me with my pink tulip coffee mug in his hands and a big grin on his face. Here is the exchange:

Mommy: "Hey buddy, whatcha got there?"
Aaron: "YUMMY!"
M: "Did you try it?"
A: "Yeah."
M: "And you think it's yummy?"
A: "Yeah. More?"

Thankfully, his non-coffee-drinking father wasn't anything but humored when I related that story. And also thankfully, he can't have gotten more than a little sip. There was still about an inch left in the cup as I retrieved it.

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

VERY funny story! THANKS! And I HAVE to know your 'yummy' brand. I LOVE coffee. My kids always HATED it...still do (and they are 33, 36 and 38!!) My grandkids like the smell...it is the smell of "Grandma's House"... but would NEVER put it in their mouth YUCK!!!

Kara said...

I had a sip of coffee at my grandma's house when I was little (I thought it was tea in her cup) and I about gagged. I've never drank it since! That is so funny that he likes it!

Jenny said...

I'm positive that his liking it was due to the fact that I take my coffee creamy and sweet...

Rachel said...

What a cute story:). Your Aaron sounds like a hoot!

Richelle Wright said...

elsie mae likes to steal sips of her daddy's coffee (no sugar, but not too hot) and ice tea - with lemon, without... sweet or northern style... strange child!

Tracy said...

I don't think a day goes by where Kara doesn't ask to drink my coffee -- she just loves it.

Stephens said...

Ha ha Kris would have been mortified and counseled him on not drinking "dirty, bitter water." I on the other hand miss our chatting and drinking the wonderful beverage!