Monday, July 21

Works of God Monday

This week, I'd love to tell you about how God cares about root canals, and the bills that result. We have dental insurance, and until last month, I was under the impression that it was GREAT dental insurance. It had always covered everything that I'd needed to have done, including cleanings, fillings, x-rays, etc. I never thought for one minute it might not cover root canals.

So when I had some major pain issues with one of my teeth, I had it fixed without a thought. Then, I found out that the procedure was not covered. Oh, hurray, hurray. That same week, we found out about some other rather significant medical charges that were also not covered, leaving a gigantic hole in our bank account. And I mean gigantic. Oh, did I mention we also got a letter from the city of Midland that week stating that our house was too ugly and had to be fixed by August 1st? Um, yeah. That was a very hard week. God is good, always. ALL of the things we found out about that week have been taken care of in God's perfect way, and in His perfect timing.

So anyway, back to the root canal. The dentist office thankfully is willing to work with us on a payment plan, so last Monday I had the procedure finished. Lord willing there will never be pain again on that particular location!! While I was there, the receptionist asked me if I'd be interested in applying for a partial payment assistance through a memorial fund (a dentist had set this up before passing away). Well, I was and I did and God decided to allow me to receive $200 through this fund toward the payment of the root canal bill! Praise the LORD!!

So now it's your turn!! First, blog about how God has been at work in your life this week - it can be a physical provision, a spiritual lesson learned, an opportunity to share with others, anything that was an evidence of God at work in you. Then, follow these directions:

In the Mister Linky widget below,
simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. PLEASE make sure the link is to a specific post on your blog that is a personal testimony of how God has been at work in your life in the past week. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like. Just right click the image and choose "save image as" then upload it into your post. Please contact me if you have any questions, and spread the word to your blogging friends!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny--praise the Lord for his provisions! I have a works of God monday-- today i went to the eye doctor and in the past we have not had vision coverage/insurance..well, today, i was asked to show my insurance card to get a copy made-- we now have vision coverage!! Dow has added it to their plan. i had no idea--so, i was able to save over $100 at the eye doctor. it only covers the exam--not glasses or contacts, but it is something that i didn't have before! I am very thankful to God for this little work--he knows exactly when to show you and how to show you that He is in control of everything and that he provides for ALL our needs. Praise the Lord!!

Amanda Irene said...

Yes dental work adds up FAST!!!

Stephens said...

Praise the Lord for His provisions!