Sunday, July 20

mmmmuffins!

I'm not sure I have posted this recipe before or not, but if I did, it was without the honey. I have been working to try to get as much super refined sugar out of our diet as possible, and tweaked this recipe from allrecipes.com to switch honey for sugar. I also omitted applesauce from the original recipe as the honey adds moisture to the mix.

Lower Fat Banana Muffins
2 eggs
1/2 c honey
2 1/2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 c milk
1 T vegetable oil
1 T vanilla
1 3/4 c flour (I usually do 1 cup white and 3/4 c wheat)
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325, line muffin tins with paper AND lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray or spray just the pan and lightly dust with flour. In a large bowl, beat eggs and honey until light and foamy. Mix in bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla. In a separate container, stir together dry ingredients, then add to the banana mixture. Stir until just mixed. Bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. (Depending on the batch, this can take longer. I think it has to do with the size of the bananas).

1 comment:

Amanda Irene said...

tankyou!!! MMMmuffins!!