Monday, September 14

Works of God Monday

God is always, always at work. This weekend was no exception, and we got to see God working in a really neat way - in Aaron's heart. Last night at church he was in the nursery with his friends and some of our friends were taking care of the 12 (!!!!) 2 & 3 year olds. When I went to get my 3 year old from the nursery, he was sitting rather despondently in a chair on the other side of the room and came running over to me wanting me to hold him.

I heard the story of how he had disobeyed and suffered the natural consequences of his actions with a fall - a pretty good fall - and so I apologised to the teacher and we were on our way. I don't know what I was thinking - probably that I had to catch some people - and I didn't have Aaron say he was sorry, or anything. He was acting VERY clingy - not wanting to give hugs to Grandma & Papa, just being sad and mopey, which is totally unlike Aaron.

On the way home, I asked him what was wrong and he said "I'll tell you at our house, mom" - I think he wanted me to be able to look at him while he talked to me. So we chatted about a few more things until we got home, but he was sad and mopey. I was about ready to chalk it up to the long day - long services honoring 2 of our pastors for serving at our church 10 and 30 years, church picnic, late & short nap, etc.

We got home and after a looooong discussion it came out that he had indeed disobeyed and he hadn't told Mr. Tomko that he was sorry, and that was making him sad. I asked him if he would like to call on the phone and say sorry, and he said yes, so we did. I could literally see the burden lifted off his little shoulders, and as he ate his snack he was happy again and his old chatty self.

PRAISE GOD for giving Aaron a sensitivity to his sin yesterday, and for teaching me the importance of apologies and setting relationships right again, even for 3 year olds. It's continually amazing to me all that our kids can understand. I pray that Aaron's sensitivity will continue and that God would draw Aaron to Himself for salvation. What a great day that will be!

So, how has God been at work in YOUR life this week? How has He provided, encouraged, or convicted you? Please share!!

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. If you don't have a blog, use the comment section! Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, this is so encouraging! Isn't it amazing to see that God desires to work in even the youngest of hearts! What a tender little boy. Keep up the diligent training! (And after a rough couple of days around here, I surely needed that!)

Stephens said...

Praise the Lord!