Friday, September 11

garden fresh









I was hoping, when I planted my 3 grape tomato plants, that Aaron would learn to like tomatoes. Shelley has told me about her daughter Carmen eating tomatoes straight from the garden, but in May, Aaron would have nothing to do with tomatoes. However, tiny things somehow help with growing the love around here, so I was hopeful. He sees tomatoes on his plate and immediately asks, "May can I do chubby cheeks please?" and it's so adorable - how can I resist?

I know I'm biased, but I really do think that our grape/cherry/whatever it ended up being tomato variety is possibly the tastiest I've had. VERY flavorful. And this boy? Definitely the tastiest 3 year old around.

5 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

hahahaha. cutie! I hope to have a kid who eats tomatoes someday. : )

Carrie said...

so cute!

Rachel said...

That is adorable! Hooray for tomatoes!

Shelldell said...

Cute, there is nothing like a tomato grown in your garden verses one from the store.
It's seems if a kid grows the plant they are more likely to eat the produce. It's funny that way.
Carmen grew a zucchini in NY in a window box. She was very excited and made zucchini bread. She was so excited she video it with her i phone and sent it to us.

dan and cheryl forbes said...

Yeah for the BEST 3 year old -- love him, love him, love him!!!! :)