Thursday, September 10

Thursday already?

So the Muths are semi-quarantined, due to a "it's probably nothing but a cold" possible case of a very contagious communicable disease. But we did take a nice long drive this morning, or I would totally be going nuts. Aaron gets antsy, and then we all get antsy. He's Mr. Social, and "needs" to get out - since parks are off limits, a van ride will do fine, thank-you-very-much. We are all on antibiotics, and it's making me feel quite ill. I don't do well with Zithromax, I've learned. Next time, I'll have to see if there is an alternative.

Last Thursday was a doctor visit for check ups, and Aaron is now a whopping 37 1/2 inches tall and weighs 32 pounds, solidly in the 50th percentile. Evan, our resident shrimp, is following in his brother's slow growing footsteps and is 28 inches long with a 17.8 lb weigh in. He's just below the 3rd percentile, but no one is concerned, which is nice.

Aaron is growing up so fast - lightning fast. Today he asked me to make a treasure map for him, and then asked me to fold it and write "Do Not Spy" on the outside. I have NO IDEA. He has such an imagination!! So fun! Evan's not walking yet, but you won't hear me complaining. He just today wriggled his way out of his exersaucer while I was helping Aaron in the bathroom. I came out and he was sitting there playing with his blocks. He is going to be more of a climber than Aaron was, too.

We had a very fun "last big hurrah" with mom & dad before the start of the school year at the Sanford Splash park, our first visit but definitely not our last. Here are a few photos. I certainly am blessed.

















5 comments:

Shelldell said...

Looks like fun.
Pray your family gets well soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the swimmy pictures! What fun! I'm still in denial that summer is over and leaves are changing colors.

Hope you all feel back to normal soon!

Kara said...

I hope you're all feeling better soon!
It cracks me up that Anna weighs 20 lbs and that was a concern. Oh brother.

Yay for the splash park! I hope to get back there next summer.

Richelle Wright said...

looks like lots of fun. we've been hoping to take the kiddos out there, but haven't made it this summer. maybe next?

Stephens said...

Great pics! I'm glad you were able to get out. I think our family needs a drive somewhere too. Maybe the ocean! We are going stir crazy ourselves. Hope you all are well.