Monday, May 18

Works of God Monday

Whew! What a week we had! God continues to show us His faithfulness - despite our unworthiness! I was able to finish preparations for the stage makeup portion of the production of The Music Man that the students at CBA performed (3 times!) this weekend. They did an incredible job - so incredible that I will admit I was very pleasantly surprised - and my heart swelled with feelings almost maternal. I'm sitting there thinking, "AAACK! I'm so weird! I must be getting old!"

I was telling Michael that this class of seniors seems a little bit more something than every other year. It is our first group of seventh graders from our Sunday School class graduating, which might be it, but more than that I am feeling most keenly my own age - but more, the swift passage of time this year. It honestly seems like yesterday that I was setting out on my own senior trip, getting ready for my own first year of college.

I so want these students to fully realize the blessings God has for their future. I don't know if it is my own senility beginning or what, but I'm really going to miss this class of seniors. God has given them all so many talents, and I love them and can't wait to see how God uses them.

I am also praising God this week for His provision. It often seems like we cannot get ahead with our finances, and there are times we struggle with discouragement over that (just keeping it real, people!) but I am so grateful that God provides just what we need at the perfect time we need it. We have been able to pay all of our bills and continue to be out of debt, with an extra or two here and there. I do NOT take this for granted. God is gracious to us to allow us to trust Him for every penny, every need. I am grateful for lessons in trust.

So, how has God provided for your family this week? What has He been teaching you? What are you thankful for? How did you watch God work this week? Take a little time to praise the Lord with your blog or leave a comment!

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.

4 comments:

Karis said...

I've had those "age awareness" feelings too this week. A girl from our first batch of 7th graders we worked with just after we got married is getting married herself in a couple of months. 20 years old (her age) doesn't seem like that long ago, but it was 11 years ago! It is strange to be the "older woman" in so many more people's lives, and it does bring many emotions with it. But like you said so much excitement too about what God is going to do in their lives as they start down "grown up" paths.

Shelldell said...

I love the music man I'm thankful that it blessed many people.

A Dusty Frame said...

Being out of debt is a wonderful blessing!

marybeth said...

Amen and Amen!! God is and has been so good to us, too! I praise Him continually for his provisions--even when they seem so small. today, i received a check in the mail that i had forgotten about--what a blessing to see that God is providing, just at the right moment!

and yes...i will miss this senoir class as well! I still remember having them in SS class and youth group, too! what a privilege to have had the chance to invest time into their lives--- i can't wait to see how God is going to use each one of them in the future!