Tuesday, May 12

Fantastic Finds

Went to the thrift store this morning, hoping for a pair of church pants for Aaron. The last pair of 2T's that are long enough (and don't look dorky) were ruined, so he's been looking a tad dorky for the last few weeks at church in some ever-so-slightly tapered leg wonders that I picked up without examining closely enough at last year's garage sales and that will be going into this year's garage sale.

Didn't find any 2T pants, (I will soon!) but I did find a few items that filled some holes in the future wardrobes, and best of all, I scored a magnificent trike for $6. He was so enthusiastic in the store that most of our fellow shoppers left with huge smiles plastered on their faces. "Oh, wow, mommy! A new bike for me! Thank you, thank you! I'm so happy!" I wish you could hear the inflection, because that is definitely the best part.

He's my very favorite two year old.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great find! I know Andy loves his little bike. Aaron is going to have a blast.

Karis said...

My heart sings when I hear Kayla express gratitude without prompting. And I know just what you mean about the inflection.

Shelldell said...

He will enjoy that.
It's a blessing to have a grateful spirit.
It's even more of a blessing when it comes from your children.

Doesn't love a wall said...

Is that a Kettler? coolio!!!

Don't underestimate the "nicer" stores on occasion.....I just scored a TON of 3t pants and shirts for Madda at Gymboree....for 2.99- up to 6.99 for a faux fur coat!!!! SCORE!!!!

Doesn't love a wall said...

BTW my friends are just praising Walgreens diapers up and down....and at least here they are BOGO free....AND I have a coupon for 2 dollars off that can be used on up to 10 packs. So i just bought 6 packs of diapers for baby2 for 12 dollars!!! I have never used an off-brand, but my friend says she likes these better than Huggies and Pampers!

If you are interested and want a place to get the coupon e-mail me!

Jenny said...

Yep, it's a Kettler. I have never gotten such a steal on this kind of quality.

YAY for clearance bins. Love 'em.

Walgreens diapers are not my fave, but they are worth a try. It really is different with each kid!

Aaron's skin was so hypersensitive I could only use Luvs, Pampers, or cloth. I was bummed, as I'd bought two gigantic boxes of Huggies for a steal. *sigh*

Richelle Wright said...

Yay for great finds!

Double yay for mamas who are enamored with their little ones!

Unknown said...

Excellent snag! I LOVE picking up new toys and such at thrift stores. Hope you find some pants soon!