Tuesday, April 1

the little things.

You might have picked up on the fact that I really need to go shopping. This morning, I was checking out my Google Reader before getting Aaron up for the day, and happened upon this post over at Money Saving Mom.

Could there POSSIBLY be a better week for me to run out of pantry staples? I am shouting Glory, breaking out the happy dance and the holy hallelujah hands all at the same time. Could it possibly be that God orchestrates the sales, too? I assert that YES, He can and He DOES!!!

I had scheduled "menu planning and grocery list making" on my list of things to do for TODAY. This, friends, has to be more than a mere circumstance, does it not?

My God cares about the little things, and about providing for little ol' me and my family in the middle of Michigan. YET ANOTHER reminder from my all sufficient God that I am loved beyond measure, and blessed beyond words.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What great timing!!! I was happy to see the Kroger ad in my mail yesterday. At first I thought that I would have to buy 10 of one item to get the discount. (I am sure that my dog would be HaPpY for 10 boxes!! of Milkbones, but really!) Then I turned the page and read MIX AND MATCH!!! AND for LOTS of items that we used regularly!!! I am currently on coupon.com and kroger.com checking for any useful coupons to add to our savings.
Good luck with your stocking up!

Rachel said...

Trust me - I'll be hitting Krogers with vengeance this week too. I'm in the process of stocking up before our little one arrives. I completely agree that God cares about our pantries and our budgets. These deals, combined with all of my coupons will save us lots of money. I love bringing a smile to my hubby's face when he hears about the money that I can and do save with all of the good deals out there.

Why is it that I have difficulty trusting God with the "big" things when He cares about something as "small" as our grocery budget? Thanks for your awesome and encouraging post. Enjoy your savings this week!

Shelldell said...

God is good all the time. Yesterday I had some very ripe bannanas and so you know banana bread. I had buttermilk that needed to be used up so you know buttermilk biscuits.I had alot of brocolli so you know cream of brocolli soup.I find what I have and base my menu around what is in season or in the pantry. God does care about the little things.