Friday, April 25

and another happy Friday

So, in the last couple days I've had several requests via different blog readers for my whole wheat waffle recipe. It made me howl with laughter and wish to goodness that I had a really great waffle recipe. Hang on to your hats, kids, 'cause this is a doozy.

Whole Wheat Waffles

Buy Eggo Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Waffles
Buy them on sale
Use a coupon
Get a great deal
Pat self on back at good fortune
Take them home
Put them in the toaster
Feed them to your unsuspecting children
Read the box
Realize how many preservatives are in there
Kick self for stupidity
Breathe a sigh of relief that at least there is no high fructose corn syrup
Pat self on back at good fortune
Put "waffle iron" on the garage sale wish list
Keep feeding them to unsuspecting children until they are gone.

Repeat as necessary.

*grin*

And now that I've worked up such a sweat "making" these waffles, I think what I need is to attend the annual Ladies Retreat with other ladies from church...24 hours away from my family really stinks, but I'm looking forward to learning more about my God and spending time with some friends (and my mommy!) Have a great weekend, and make yourself some waffles! (try Alicia's recipe, perhaps?)

8 comments:

Kara said...

Oh and here I thought it was going to be our little secret. :)

Kara said...

Have a wonderful and refreshing time at the retreat!

Jenny said...

HA. It was going to be, Kara, it was going to be. And then I got two other emails asking the same thing and figured it was time to 'fess up.

Unknown said...

Ha ha! If you ever get a real waffle iron I'll pass along my awesome peanut butter whole wheat waffle recipe. So tasty with berries and honey on top.

At least your waffles are better than the $1 junky ones my hubby always gets when he goes to Aldi for me. That man can NOT be trusted at Aldi.

Have a fantastic time at the retreat! Sounds like a refreshing break.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Jenny!! I like!! (This is Heather by the way, in case you didn't know from my blog name.)

Rachel said...

I am dying of laughter! Your post is hilariously funny:). I guess that I won't ask about the waffle recipe anymore. You just made my day - I'm still giggling.

I've been meaning to try Alicia's whole wheat PB waffles but I ate all of the PB. I bought some last night so maybe I'll make them tomorrow. Oh, the Tex-Mex pie is FINALLY a go! I remembered to buy the few ingredients last night - yay!

Have a wonderful time at the retreat!

Richelle Wright said...

Have a great weekend - say hi to your mom for us! ...and don't forget a blog entry to tell us all about it after the fact~

Kelly Glupker said...

That's my kind of recipe! :)