Tuesday, November 23

Two Days

It's just two days before Thanksgiving. It's finally starting to feel like November in Michigan - yesterday was balmy, today it can be balmy in my heart. Ha ha. My parents are picking up the turkey today and I'm excited to try brining for the first time. Let me know if you have any great hints for this!

I'm always thankful for naptime, but today especially so. I am grumpy, very much so, and a nice quiet house and some time in the Word is the recipe I need for a great afternoon.

I'm super thankful for my husband, who, while I was working on a project last night on the computer, singlehandedly took on another project that has been sitting for awhile and finished it up. He is, without a doubt, the world's greatest. And not just because he helps me around the house. He loves us in so many ways - I am so thankful to be married to him!

Unexpected surprises came in the mail! I love freebies, especially from Pampered Chef! Woo hoo for Tuesday!

What are you thankful for today??

2 comments:

Shelldell said...

WE had a lovely early Thanksgiving with 30 people.
The chore cards helped me out after the dinner. The food was great and we were able to send lot's of left overs out the door. I'm thankful we were able to celebrate our family. Today it's snowing wow! God is good.

Unknown said...

Hope God cures you of the grumpies -- sounds like you're already well on your way with your thankful heart and perspective! I'm exactly the same way with the boys' nap time. I reach the end of my rope EVERY day by nap time. So thankful for God's mercy and His ENDLESS patience with me. It's obvious my patience has a very definite limit. :)