Monday, January 18

Works of God Monday

God has been at work in my life, doing some convicting, which I posted about last week - and I am so grateful. He is so faithful - I am grateful for the His gracious discipline. I've also been encouraged this week by the testimonies of fellow believers who are really going through some rough times and are still trusting God to provide, to heal, to comfort.

I am also pleased thrilled that the whole family was well and able to be in church yesterday! Praise God!! It was nice to see some familiar faces and be able to worship with a body again.

In the evening service, Dr. Rich Poupard, a friend of ours, gave a great lesson on the sanctity of human life. He also mentioned Life Training Institute, and his semi-bi-weekly podcasts. If this interests you, please visit and subscribe. I can tell you that the message he brought last night was eye opening, and I like to think of myself as being more than somewhat aware of pro-life statistics and facts. I praise God for the work that is being done by faithful teachers.

Along the same topic, I recently found this blog, written by a girl I met at the very first SGI conference, who is now a missionary with her family in Ukraine. She is burdened for expectant mothers in Ukraine. I wept as I read through her blog tabs and tried to fathom the norm for Ukrainian women - and as I read through the transcript of this interview, was saddened by the statistics that some women she has spoken to have had 20 or more abortions. I was encouraged to read about her ministry - it's really neat when God allows you to catch a glimpse of what He is doing globally.

So, how have you seen God at work this week? Will you share and link up here?

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11


In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. If you don't have a blog, use the comment section! Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.


No comments: