Tuesday, January 5

Works of God er, Tuesday - the "I'm Baaaaack" Edition

I'm so grateful to finally have the time to sit down and blog about the things God has been doing in our lives. We are slowly and surely getting back into the swing of things! It's been a long week, but I am so thankful for the provisions God has heaped on us!

On the 20th, we celebrated SIX blissful years of marriage. I don't take that for granted, not even a little bit. SO thankful for my fantastic, amazing husband, and for the grace of God that keeps us together, and happily, too! We planned to celebrate by ourselves, but our sitters canceled due to sickness so we're hoping for a redeux in the soon-coming future!

We had a great Christmas, a superfast (too fast) visit with family in Ohio, and then when we got back, we came down with the sickies. Not fun, not ideal, but we made it, and we watched God working out all the details!

We were sick, but God took care of us. Not one of us was hospitalized, and Michael was on his planned (and paid!) vacation. We survived, we thrived!

We were overwhelmed, but not forgotten. Plans were made for some serious project completion, including decluttering, garage organization, and home improvement projects. Sickness thwarted the good majority, but we were able to take a run to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore with quite a load of used home improvement goods, and our closet is at least one garbage bag of clothing lighter. Our Salvation Army pile grows! We have laundry foothills, and our Christmas decorations are still up - but hey, one thing at a time!

Michael finished ALL the baseboard in our house! That means that we will be filling little nail holes and painting trim soon - hoping and praying to refinance and get our kitchen project rolling. I'm excited to have construction dust in my future. Ha ha. We also got a few things up on the walls, so I'm starting to feel like our house is becoming more homey. Still needs work, but thanks to a few friends, we're on our way!!

Yesterday, Michael and I were able to get out of the house a little bit and head to a "Back to Business" Pampered Chef meeting, which was fun - no kids! It had been awhile. I'm excited to get back into the swing of PC shows and see what God has for my business this year.

Well, it's Michael's first day back to work since Christmas Eve, so we've been spoiled rotten. Rotten, I tell you! I could get used to having him around all day every day. And so could my little munchkins who are clamoring now from their beds. I'll be posting photos of our New Year's celebration later!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

ruth said...

Happy Tuesday, Jenny, and congratulations on 6 years of marriage! I'm just catching up on blogging this week from a long hiatus, so I'll just comment here that that video of Aaron telling the Christmas story was absolutely precious!! I miss you my friend, but I thank God for you and the Grace of God that is evident in your life. You are a constant source of encouragement to me. I'm thankful you are all feeling better. Love you!