This is my actual birthday cake. Looks yummy, doesn't it? Mmm. Coconut cake, cookies & cream ice cream, and toasted coconut on top. It was quite yummy. And I have plenty left over, so come on in and have a slice! Let the party begin!!
(Thanks, mom. It is a delicious cake. You did a great job!)
If you weren't around for last year's festivities, you can check out what we did last year and some of our party games (look and laugh, that is) And while you're laughing, you can look at the MULTITUDE of candles on this cake! Good thing I had a helper!
I'm boring in some ways - more ways than I'm exciting, that is, so...I'm asking you for the same gift I asked for last year - leave me a comment, would you? I am so happy that you are here and that you read my blog, and I'd love to know who you lurkers are! You can say anything you like - if it's nice, that is! But if you need some ideas, tell me your most embarrassing birthday memory. I dare not tell mine in mixed company, believe you me. So please, help my thirtieth be a happier one with YOU as a vocal party guest!
Since I'm marking the end of my third decade, I'm giving a really stellar birthday goody bag away to one commenter! (One commenter who lives in the continental US or has a US address I can send this to, that is.) I am so grateful to have passed another milestone birthday! Hurray for birthdays!!
So you want to know what's in the goody bag this year? Well, there will be some surprises, because I'm all about surprises. But I'll tell you some of the items (most are some of my favorite things)
And you should know me well enough to know that any gift bag of mine would need to be frugal, right? Well, there ya go.
- my almost-favorite shade of toenail polish, Elf's Light Red. My real favorite is opi's "I'm Not Really a Waitress" but if I'm going to spend $8, I'd rather spend it on something else. So Elf's Light Red is pretty close to opi's shade - with 2 coats - and it's only $1.
- Some Avon lip gloss, spice and plum. I got a boatload of freebies and these two shades were multiples, so I'm passing them to you.
- A neat little green and cream print zippered cloth bag, which you can use for makeup touch up kit or pencils or crayons or whatever strikes your fancy.
- Mini body butters from the Body Shop. I have Strawberry and Cranberry to give away today.
- some Pampered Chef goodies, of course. Surprises, of course.
And who knows what else could be in there. It's my birthday, and I'm liable to run out and get a gift card as well, I'm feeling so sprightly in my middle years. I haven't decided how much or where yet, but there will be something in there like that.
So, comment away! I will be drawing a winner next Sunday afternoon, so don't miss your chance! Just make sure I know how to contact you in the event that you win!
I didn't get a disco ball this year, (rats! rats!) but we can go right ahead and play a rousing round of Memory, or Hi Ho Cherry-O. Or Hungry Hippos, if you really want to live on the edge. At any rate, let the party begin!!!