Monday, June 1

Works of God Monday

Praise God for His faithfulness! We've had an interesting week - Michael was sick for a day, our weekend didn't seem all that profitable, I'm now feeling a tad under the weather, but I'm so blessed to be God's child and to watch Him at work.

We have watched one particular family at church take HUGE spiritual steps and it is truly awe-some to see God's work in their lives and to watch the Holy Spirit produce fruit in these young believers. It is incredible to watch them face adversity with grace. God is at WORK in them, and I love watching it. He is so good to us to allow us to be a part of His work.

We have been looking for a loveseat for awhile now but as you might imagine, our budget does not allow for any new furniture purchases, not that I think new is best, mind you. But this week we were able to find a little brown twin sleeper loveseat on Craigslist. It needs a good cleaning, because it smells a lot like musty basement. It is always nice to have extra seating.

And here is the biggest praise of all - Evan has reverted to his once per night waking schedule! At least, he has for now. I am SO thankful! I think I'm finally getting the restorative sleep I need.

This is going to be a busy week for us - and Michael's brother is coming in on Friday for a week long visit! It will be two years at Christmas since we've been to Colorado to see Michael's family, so we are excited to see Malcham, and are planning some fun activities and trying to finish our total home declutter project.

Our friend Kris will be here this weekend, too. He's coming in for an ordination. It's been nearly eleven months since he and his family moved to California, and it will be great to see him. Wish the family could come, but that is not possible this time!

Mister Linky still isn't working, but I'd love to hear how God is working in YOUR life! Please leave a comment, or link to your blog in the comment section!

5 comments:

Shelldell said...

I'm starting my de clutter home project starting with the garage.
Next week all of Nate and Lissa's stuff goes to Newburg.
I still have Leo and Carmen's stuff going on year 6. The good news is every time she comes home to visit, she reduces the boxes by one or two.

Shelldell said...

God is alway good you can read my monday of thanks
at http://lifeinlewisburg.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

I finally got a chance to put up a Works of God post! Here's the link:
http://samsmommy.blogspot.com/2009/06/works-of-god-monday.html
Thanks for doing this faithfully every week, Jenny! It is so neat to see how God is at work in all of our lives.

I also keep forgetting to email you and thank you for the Ghirardelli coupon! I found the squares at Walmart, and it was very cool that the chocolate/peanut butter ones were the cheapest out of all the different varieties, making for a nice deal with the coupon! :) We've been enjoying them--trying to make them last a while for special treats. :)

Stephens said...

I tried to do a new post on my blog, but blogger is down or something and won't let me do it. I can read yours though. :-) Glad to hear some of what is going on with you guys. Kris is looking forward to seeing you this weekend, and yes, I am wishing I could be there with him! Maybe we can catch up on the phone sometime this week. Love ya!

A Dusty Frame said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings:)!
http://adustyframe.com/2009/06/01/works-of-godmonday/