There have been so many blessings this week, and I'm feeling a bit more concise than usual. So I've decided that I'm going to make a list! (In no particular order)
1. I'm thankful that we are close to some of our family! We have had more opportunities to stop by mom & dad's house this summer and they've been over here and I am loving seeing them more often.
2. Mom & dad gave us a kiddie pool upgrade. We now have a 60" blue plastic pool with a sea-themed motif on the bottom. WOO HOO and Aaron is thrilled that the whole family (barely) fits. He asks us to get in and sit down with him (BRRR) And then he asks very sweetly for us to get out so that he can swim. Hilarious.
3. The teens made it safely back from camp at the Wilds, despite three bus breakdowns. They even had to take another bus to pick everybody up when the transmission died in Tennesee.
4. I'm thankful for more trim around doors in our house. Every little bit helps get our house closer to the finish line!
5. Garage sales. I found the 10 cent sales this weekend, folks. For some reason, this weekend's sales hosts were pricing everything super low! I found a handful of children's books, some flash cards (homeschooling here we come!) and a pair of jeans - yes they fit perfectly - for TEN CENTS. I don't think I need to tell you that this is a miracle. I can shop for 6 hours and not find a pair of jeans that fits right, and they are certainly not ten cents.
6. I think this was 2 weeks ago, but I completed a sewing project for a friend, and she paid me the exact same amount it cost for our computer to be unexpectedly fixed. June is always tight, so it was great that I was able to exchange services in this roundabout way.
7. Sunday night we had a special speaker, Kevin Bauder from Central Baptist Theological Seminary. He gave a great message from Psalm 2, which was basically this:
- People will rebel
- God is in charge
- He has a plan we can't begin to understand
- Trust Him, Serve Him.
So I've had a very encouraging week and weekend! I praise the Lord for His blessings! Care to praise Him with me?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11
In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.