Friday, October 19
pantry clean-out challenge
OK friends - I'm hosting my first ever pantry clean-out challenge in honor of my happiness at the menu I've created from our surplus. Really, I'm SO excited that I won't have to do major grocery shopping. Or think about what is going to be for dinner. I can hardly stand it.
Here's the challenge:
1. take inventory of the food you have in your pantry (& freezer, too!)
2. plan a menu based on your findings
3. email your pantry-cleanout menu to me (twomuths at gmail dot com) Please put "Clean Out Challenge" in the subject line.
1. No fair grocery shopping before making the menu. This is a clean-out-your pantry challenge.
2. It's ok if you have to buy something (produce, dairy, etc) to make your menu work, just be sure to mark it on your menu. I put mine in all caps, then made a list of what I have to buy but you do whatever works for you - make sure you include this in the email, though.
3. It's also ok to repeat items. You can bet our "last til' December" menu has a few repeats.
4. I only did a dinner menu. If you want to do more, that's great, but not required.
5. Just because I'm curious, email me your estimated savings - how much can you save with your "clean out the pantry" menu?
Just for participating, I will send you an e-copy of a recipe book my mom & I put together to give as a gift. Nothing fancy - it's in Word. But who doesn't like new recipes? Then I will select the most impressive menu, post it, and send an extra gift to the winner!
DEADLINE: Friday, October 26, 5:00p EST. You have ONE WEEK!
Be sure to check out more ideas for saving money on this Frugal Friday.