Monday, October 1

accidental favorite

Ground Chicken was on sale last week for 99 cents a pound. I was looking for something easy and yummy and different than what we had on our menu (anybody else get sick of the same ol' recipes?) I'd seen Rachael Ray make chicken burgers before, and so I thought I'd try out something like that. Here's what I came up with that ended up being soooo delish! Next time I'd probably divide it into 6 or 7 patties. I only divided them into 4, and these were HEFTY burgers!

Chicken Burgers

1 lb ground chicken
1/3ish cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2ish cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp minced garlic
a generous shake onion powder
worcestershire sauce - about a tablespoon
salt & pepper

Mix well, divide into patties, cook on high heat until browned and the juices run clear - use oil or they will stick badly!

We didn't have buns, either...so I took some bread and used a cup to cut circles out of the middles. (the scraps will be an Aaron-snack or croutons) It ended up being fancy-looking and so so yummy. We were sad to see the burgers end. I served them with sliced tomatoes and mayo for Michael.

I also made some oven fries which cooked while the burgers were prepared & served.

4 small red potatoes
seasoned bread crumbs
grated parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt & pepper

I cut the potatoes up in wedges, gave them a rinse with water, tossed them with somewhat equal parts bread crumbs and cheese and drizzled them with olive oil, then baked at 350 for probably 15 minutes or so, then sprinkled with salt & pepper after they came out of the oven.

The consensus is that we will be having this meal again.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I may just have to try this as the last recipe you posted was a HUGE success. I made the Tex-Mex Pie last Tuesday and again for supper this weekend. My husband just loves it.

Are you going to tell us how much you spent on your Walgreens finds? I am very curious.

Stephens said...

You've inspired me. Maybe this will be on the Stephens Menu soon.

Stephens said...

Well, thanks for having us over and letting us try this terrific recipe! It really is quite yummy. I missed you yesterday and heard you had a headache. I prayed for you and hope you are better today.