Monday, March 30

Works of God Monday

This weekend we had a great youth activity with the junior high - mini golf at a local indoor place and then snacks at our house. We had 12 teens and 6 sponsors and 2 kids plus us in our house which is pretty amazing - we had so much fun. I'm so glad God allows us to be a part of these kids' lives. I pray that He will use us continually to share God's love, His Word, and make a differece.

Our WHOLE FAMILY is healthy! Hurray! We went to church together yesterday, to all the services. YAY! I was so encouraged/convicted by my friends who sang special music, and just singing with the congregation was a huge blessing. We sang "Nearer, Still Nearer" and just in case you haven't heard that one in awhile - here ya go.

Nearer, still nearer, close to Thy heart,
Draw me, my Savior, so precious Thou art;
Fold me, oh, fold me close to Thy breast,
Shelter me safe in that "Haven of Rest,"
Shelter me safe in that "Haven of Rest."

Nearer, still nearer, nothing I bring,
Naught as an offering to Jesus, my King;
Only my sinful, now contrite heart,
Grant me the cleansing Thy blood doth impart,
Grant me the cleansing Thy blood doth impart.

Nearer, still nearer, Lord, to be Thine!
Sin, with its follies, I gladly resign,
All of its pleasures, pomp and its pride,
Give me but Jesus, my Lord, crucified,
Give me but Jesus, my Lord, crucified.

Nearer, still nearer, while life shall last,
'Til safe in glory my anchor is cast;
Through endless ages, ever to be,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee.

Those words have been bouncing around in my head all yesterday and this morning. Hope they encourage you as well.

So, how has God provided for your family this week? What has He been teaching you? What are you thankful for? How did you watch God work this week? Take a little time to praise the Lord with your blog or leave a comment!

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.

3 comments:

ruth said...

What a great hymn! It's John's favorite. Also, what a blessing for you to have a fully healthy family!

Love to all!

(And a few more exclamaition points for good measure!!!!)

Shelldell said...

I like singing hymns at BSF. We are starting to sing them occasionally at church and I'm thankful.
I wrote about this song on my blog today and set this tune on my blog.
Thanks for sharing.
Shelley

Stephens said...

I'm so glad you are all healthy and had the opportunity to go to church together again. Who sang? I love the hymn you posted. What a prayer!