Wednesday, June 4

limbo

Sometimes, I'm in limbo because of my forgetfulness. Sometimes, it's because hugely inconvenient things happen and I'm not sure what to do about them, and I get overwhelmed. Lately, it's been both. A lot of little things adding up to make me wonder what in the world is going on.

Part of me always wants to be six, to have life be a series of happy and flowery walks in the park, visits to school (ALL DAY!!) free housing, clothing, and anything else I need, riding my little bike with a basket. I don't want to lose my six year old optimism, for certain. Or that childlike, unwavering trust.

I'm trying to hang in there, trying to figure out what lesson I'm supposed to be learning here, but it's tough, I'm not gonna lie. Thankfully, my God knows what is ahead. And He is completely trustworthy. He gives GRACE. It's definitely not natural for me to relinquish any part of my perceived control. But I know who God is, what He has done, and what He has promised. And that is enough.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Well said! Sounds like you had quite a day! I get an email each day with a Daily Bible Devotion. Here is today's passage. I had to laugh reading the last verse "Sufficient for the day is its own trouble". Boy is THAT right!! Seems to fit your day too!
Take care, and have sweet dreams tonight about being 6 years old :)
Love, Aunt Rosemary
Verse(s) Of The Day
Matthew 6:31-32,34
Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Karis said...

Perceived control...that has been in my thoughts a lot recently. I was just thinking that this is a time of my life when so much is out of my control which is outside my comfort zone. Then I thought -- um...is anything ever in my control?! And I agree -- it's tough for me too although it sounds funny to say that it's tough for me to trust Someone Who is completely trustworthy.