Thursday, June 26

the days, they be a-flyin'

WHEW! Does anyone else feel like their weeks just fly by? Our house has been hopping lately with all the activity of summer and church, family and friends.

Speaking of friends, our really good friends are indeed moving. In eighteen days, apparently. (Can you tell I am still in denial??) I am feeling great about God's leading and direction in their lives, but selfishly I wish we could just clone them and send the clones on, keeping the originals for ourselves. California is so very far away.

And, I remind myself, we are here on earth for a relatively short period of time. How incredible it will be to be able to spend all of eternity in worship and awe of our Great God together.

So I am thinking about time flying lately - eighteen days until friends move away, ten weeks until the due date of our second child, and just over a month until Aaron turns two. So much to do, so little time. Here's what I was thinking about nearly two years ago...

I wonder how long it will be until Christ's return? Lord, may I be effective in making the best use of the time!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I feel the exactly same way..so much going on in our lives in the coming weeks and scheduling our c-section made everything seem so much closer. Yesterday when I woke up I thought about waking up in NZ and how truly far it is from our families yet I know our time here on earth is short. I don't want to be selfish and stay where its comfortable.

Kara said...

If I was good with words, this is exactly what I would write about!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

as cliche as it may sound. well written.

Stephens said...

Oh my, the floodgates are opening--again. I love you, my friend. God is so good in all of this to teach us more of Himself, our need of Him, the blessing of godly friends, and so much more. May He truly be praised through everything that is happening and will in the following days ahead.

Rosemary said...

Just imagine how incredible it will be, when you are in heaven, to meet those who came to the Lord because of your friends' ministry in CA!!!! Thinking of that should make your 'goodbye' easier. And want to make your friends' "goodbye" easier? Send them off with a very loud and rousing rendition of 'IN THE GARDEN' :) They will GLAD to go!!! (Isn't this the fellow who does NOT like that song?)
All kidding aside. I will be praying for you as you let your friends go to what they have been called to!
Love, Aunt Rosemary

Shelldell said...

Living in a college town for all these years I've have gotten close to many families that are just here temporary and it's always hard to say goodbye. So I don't say goodbye I say I look forward to seeing you again some day and when your in the area stop by, we have the room. This has helped me say hello to the new people coming in and not say to myself "when are you leaving?".
Instead I jump in and make them feel welcome also knowing how difficult it is to move to a new town and not know anyone.
It is good to make the most of your time. Time is short and it's amazing what God can do with the time we have.
Shelley