Monday, November 16

Works of God Monday

We've had some interesting things going on here, I'm not going to lie - it has been hard. But no matter what happens, GOD IS GOOD - all the time. And He is always at work. I wanted to share this last week, but time got away from me, and it never happened.

Last Sunday, and all of last week, we had the Herbsters here for evangelistic meetings. We did not make it to a whole lot of the meetings for a variety of reasons, but on Sunday morning, they sang "All of These" which has been a favorite of mine ever since I first heard it sung by two of my all time favorite people - the Habings. (That's Deb on the clip!)

As I heard the song again last Sunday, (I was hearing Brett and Deb's voices, somehow) the Lord brought to my mind all that the Habings have been going through just in the last years, their testimony throughout, and how much God has taught me through their lives, about how much they taught me about who God is and more about what genuine, honest Christianity looks like. And yet, I'm kinda hoping they don't catch wind of this post, as they dislike this sort of thing. I can see the glare, actually.

Honestly, it wouldn't had to have been the Habings, but it was. God used them in a huge way in my life at Northland - they were just what I needed fresh out of high school in all my pridefulness, all my "wisdom" and self-directed living. (God is still working on all of those nasty sinful elements, BTW) They pointed me UPWARD in a way that was refreshing, full of love and humor, and I am so grateful that God put them there.

This song has become a sort of prayer for me - that I would continually be learning more of God and that God will continue to change my selfish desires into a desire for people to see more of God, and glorify Him. So last Sunday, I was overwhelmed by emotion as I pondered all of this (sorry if it is disjointed!) and was reminded again of God's goodness.

All of These
How vast His grace, How great His faithfulness,
How deep His Love, How rich His mercy,
How high his thoughts, How sure His wisdom,
And all of these, He gives to me!

So I will praise Him, with every breath,
For He has rescued me from certain death,
Now this life I live, I live in Him.
Oh let His glory shine, while mine grows dim.

How just his ways, how good his discipline,
How pure his truth, How kind His goodness.
How calm His peace, How long His patience,
And All of these He gives to me!

So I will praise Him, with every breath,
For He has rescued me from certain death,
Now this life I live, I live in Him.
Oh let His glory shine, while mine grows dim.

How great his power, How grand His majesty,
How true His will, How high His glory,
How strong his might, How real his triumph,
And all of these He gives to me!

So I will praise Him, with every breath,
For He has rescued me from certain death,
Now this life I live, I live in Him.
Oh let His glory shine, while mine grows dim.

words & music Craig Curry

You can buy the CD here.

We know God doesn't need any of us to do His work, but in His grace, he does choose to use us - what a gift - to be able to be used by an all powerful God to accomplish His plan!!

So, has there been anyone God has really used in your life to help grow your relationship with God? Someone who has been an instrument for change in your walk? Share it this week - or share some other blessing - just remember to look for the works of God, and to share how He's working in you with those around you.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the Mister Linky widget below, simply type your name in the top box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the link from your specific "Works of God Monday" post. If you don't have a blog, use the comment section! Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like.



No comments: