Tuesday, July 13

Kinda Like Qdoba Shredded Pork

Pork loin unexpectedly went on sale, so with our cilantro-lime rice and pinto beans, we had this delicious addition.

1/2 boneless pork loin roast
1 small onion or a few green onions
1/2 jar of mild banana pepper rings
1 8-oz can mild green chilies
1/3 4-oz can (or more if you like spicy, less if you're really bland) jalepeno peppers
1 T salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Rub 1/2 pork loin with salt and garlic powder. Slice onion very thin, place in bottom of crock pot. Put rubbed meat on top, add the peppers. Cook on high for 2 hours, then reduce to low and cook for a minimum of 6 total hours. The longer, the better. Shred, and devour. Makes tons but it doesn't last long.

YUMMY!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Mmmmm, this sounds wonderful!!! Did you wrap it up in tortillas or just serve it on the rice? Either way I bet it's yummy! I'll have to try this soon--I have a bunch of pork loin in the freezer . . . :)

Jenny said...

Michael ate it with tortillas, but I'm still gluten free. You DEFINITELY need to try it!!! :-)

Carrie said...

Oh, one other question--did you add any liquid from the banana peppers or does it just create enough of its own juice to keep it moist?

Jenny said...

half the jar of peppers and half the juice. I think it was a 12 or 13 oz jar? I used the 2nd half and it's in the recycling, ha ha.

Mary Ann said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to see if I can talk my hubby into this one :-) We bbq pork loin quite often. I love things I can stick in the crock pot & just walk away from...easy peasy!

Campbellfamily121501 said...

This sounds really good! I make a shredded BBQ pork in the pampered chef covered crock in the microwave! YUMMY!!!