Monday, February 22

Works of God Monday

I am so thankful this Monday for the unfailing mercy of God - despite my frequent failures, He is always always ALWAYS faithful!

We had a great Sunday - Michael's lesson for junior high Sunday School on atonement was an awesome reminder to me. I think I've mentioned before that this is the third time we're going through this book, but I am hearing things from the lessons in a new and fresh way.

Then on Sunday evening, a friend of ours taught a workshop (our church has what we call "Prime Time" 2 times a year where we have breakout sessions and learn about specific topics) that was a huge blessing, as I was reminded about the reality of my personal relationship with God and how different that is from the teachings of many churches worldwide. So thankful for the truth of God's word!

It definitely seems that the older I get, the more my mind is blown by God and all He is and all that He has worked together for the very undeserving me. Mr. Isaac Watts got it when he said,

Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?

At the cross, at the cross,
where I first saw the light,
and the burden of my heart rolled away;
it was there by faith I received my sight,
and now I am happy all the day.

Was it for crimes that I have done,
he groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! Grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!
(Refrain)

Well might the sun in darkness hide,
and shut its glories in,
when God, the mighty maker, died
for his own creature's sin.
(Refrain)

Thus might I hide my blushing face
while his dear cross appears;
dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
and melt mine eyes to tears.
(Refrain)

But drops of tears can ne'er repay
the debt of love I owe.
Here, Lord, I give myself away;
'tis all that I can do.

So what do YOU have to praise God for this week? Has God provided in a miraculous way? Taught you more about Him? Given you an opportunity to share Christ with others? Please share it here!

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thess. 5:11

In the MckLinky widget below, simply type your name in the title box, or a short description of the work that God has done, and then in the second box, paste the specific link from your "Works of God Monday" post. If you don't have a blog, use the comment section! Feel free to use the image from the top of this post if you like
!

No comments: