Friday, February 23

interesting, very interesting...

Got this Monday, 2/26 in my weekly Alumni Update email.

Beginning fall, 2007, Northland Baptist Bible College will commence operating a K-12 Christian School. The school will temporarily be housed on the property of Faith Baptist Church until a permanent site can be developed. Please pray with us as Northland expands its ministry into this crucial area. It is our desire to develop a school model based on academic excellence and classroom discipleship. We are currently seeking faculty members who desire both. We would be thrilled if God would choose to fill many of our faculty positions with our own alumni. Anyone interested in a position (elementary, secondary, modern languages) should submit an application to Antone Goyak.

[links and email address removed]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

are they doing this because faith christian is closing down?

Carrie said...

That's what I was wondering, too . . . when I read it, I was confused, thinking, "isn't there already a school at Faith?"

Karis said...

We were just up at Faith Baptist Chuch while we had deputation meetings in January, and we talked to one of the teachers. Yes, Faith Christian School is closing.

Jenny, thanks for your suggestion about the oatmeal bath for my hives. I welcome any suggestions for relief since I do not know the trigger and must still be coming in contact with it.

Karis

Katie said...

Faith isn't closing as much as they asked Northland to take over. So, well, I guess Faith is closing. But, I don't think it would close right away if N-land didn't want to take it on. Personally, I shudder at the idea of a "northland academy". Maybe it's too many bad experiences with other college's academies (which will remain unnamed). O well. Life changes. The school that I went to will be no longer. Sort of sad, but that happens. Since I don't live there, it's not as big a deal to me.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Northland becomes a K-12 school now, huh? I don't think I will be applying there . . . I couldn't handle living in that climate for my whole life! Oh well, God will provide the people needed there . . . I do feel sorry for the kids that will go all the way through school there and then move on to college at Northland though . . . kids need to expand their horizons and not get trapped into the same location for that long. Anyway, that's that I think about that.