Wednesday, October 4

joy

I knew I would like being a mom, but I had NO IDEA it would be this fabulous!!

I wish I had pics to post tonight, but alas, I do not. Aaron is growing and is a smiley, happy baby. He is learning about his tongue this week. Last night Michael was holding him and sticking out his own tongue making goofy noises, and it looked like Aaron was sticking his out in response to his daddy's! It was so cute we got it on video!

We were supposed to have our roofing party last Saturday, but God had rain planned for that day, so instead we hung some stuff on the walls and had a relaxing Saturday. Hopefully this weekend will bring us a new roof! Hurray!!! No more big bright blue tarps!!! My favorite thing is that our garage, now a leaky sieve, will be able to house some of our items that are currently in our guest room. I am thrilled to have a place to store some of the items that we don't use on a daily basis!

Friday is Aaron's 2-month checkup. I can't believe he turned 2 months old on Sunday. It seems like time goes by so much faster when you have kids to measure it by. I'm sure he'll be in school before I know it.

Last week I started to schedule Aaron according to a controversial resource (any guesses what that could be? wink, wink) I don't think I was ready to do that system until I knew Aaron could calm himself and sleep. Prior to last week I don't think he could have done it. I must say the system works like a charm for us and we've been continuing to enjoy full nights of rest. PRAISE THE LORD!!

That's it for the updates! God is ALWAYS good, and His blessings are beyond measure!!

6 comments:

ruth said...

If we're talking about the same controversial resource, my sis and bro-in-law swear by it. I think they really value a full nights sleep. :) Who wouldn't?

I'm so glad you are loving motherhood, and I hope you get your roof this weekend.

Kelli said...

I will be praying that you will get your new roof this weekend!
Sounds like Aaron is a joy to have and you love being a mommy - how neat is that! Wow, 2 months old already?! Wow!

Heather said...

So glad to hear that you are doing well and that you are getting full nights of sleep! What can be better than that?

LMLogan said...

yay a new post!! I know you're a busy momma now! :) so glad you're getting your roof this weekend!! woohoo!!! can't wait to see more pics!!

Tim St. Clair II said...

Scheduling for infants and children is a MUST! Congratulations on getting Aaron going on that.

We miss you guys and hope you are doing well. Praying that your roof will be done soon!

Erin Neiner said...

Hey:
Wow, I also cannot believe Aaron is 2mo. already! Although, I know the day to day sometimes seems unending! Someone once said, "The day is long but the year goes fast." I LOVED the newborn stage...just drank in the love of this little miracle I could hold in my arms as a reminder of God's tremendous goodness to us! You will now enjoy it even more as you get a "full" nights rest and start somewhat of a routine! Every stage is new and has its bumps...I know you're doing great! We'll be starting this process all over very soon...I hope I remember evertyhing...maybe I should pull out my copy of "that book." ;)