Sunday, May 15

pudding

So I had a hankering (hee hee) for some pudding the other night. I had extra milk from the farm and needed to use it up. And I wanted vanilla pudding. And so I went to my friend allrecipes for some help.

Found a 7-minute pudding recipe but it used the microwave, which sounded like a disaster waiting to happen. I could envision little chunks of scrambled eggs in my pudding. So I used the ingredient list and the suggestion of a commenter to dump all ingredients in the blender and blend for 1 minute, then heat over medium heat until thick. It worked beautifully and tasted fantastic. Yay for easy!

1/4 cup sugar
2 T cornstarch
2 egg yolks
2 cups milk
2 T butter
1 tsp vanilla (I may have added more...)

Blend 1 minute in the blender then heat over medium heat until thick. I whisked continually. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fantastic!

Mary Ann said...

Yum! And excellent usage of "hankering" :-)