Thursday, July 5

fireworks and other explosions

Tuesday night, we packed up and went to the Bay City, MI fireworks with a group of friends from church. We got to sit pretty much right under the display, which was loads of fun. I don't think I really need to tell you how much Aaron enjoyed it - the look on his face in the picture really says it all. We were definitely relieved that he loved them instead of screaming...which could have gotten old FAST. (Thanks, Andrea, for this great photo!!)

On the 4th, we headed over to the Stephens' for a fun cookout with some more people from church. We ended the evening with a backyard fireworks display - it was so fun to watch the kids laughing and having a great time. It was also pretty funny to watch the adults in charge of setting off the fireworks. Aaron ended the evening with an amazing diaper explosion that stunk up the Stephens' whole house!! We are thoroughly exhausted here in the Muth house - thankfully, only one more day to get through until the weekend (and hopefully extra rest) is upon us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, the more I read, the more I think Chloe would LOVE fireworks! So, the noise wasn't too loud for Aaron?

Hope you get to have a boring relaxing weekend to catch some zzz's after all that activity!

pamela s said...

Geoff & I were talking about what we'd do next year. Yay! I'm glad to hear that Aaron loved them. That makes me excited that we might be able to take along our little one too.

KColas said...

ho ho, so Aaron had to contribute an explosion of his own... :)So patriotic of him.

Tracy said...

I'm glad Aaron enjoyed the fireworks despite the blowout. Those always seem to happen at the most inopportune time.
Responding to your question on my blog, the real run of the brownies went OK -- I messed up on the choc. topping by accidently using baking chocolate instead of choc. chips. Thankfully I tasted the choc. before putting it on the brownies. And everyone loved them (I had to give the leftovers away otherwise we would have gorged ourselves).

The Proclaimers' service was incredible. The message of the program was a great rebuke to me about not being as bold a witness as I should be. We had about 60 people in attendence (for a church of 23 people we were very excited). And we didn't force them to eat.