Thursday, June 1

i shouldn't be surprised...

God's provision has been miraculous for us! I know I just posted a list of blessings, however, it would not be right for me to hold in my praise to God for all He is doing!

Last night we went to pick up our FREE electrical service panel (over $100 saved there) from another couple at our church (he is an electrician), and our friend the electrician said he had extra circut breakers left over from some jobs he'd done. So he GAVE THEM TO US!!!! (another $100 plus saved) He also had some spare dryer wire, and handed us a length of that to run at our house.

Last week it was coax cable and cat 5 phone wire that God gave us! And we also found out that the large spools of wire we purchased a little over a month ago for $200 each now cost over $1000!!! Who knew the price of copper would go up 68%? God saved us money before we even knew it!

My heart is doing a MAJOR happy dance as I delight in the provision of my God. I shouldn't be surprised, as I know that God delights in blessing us. But I am. It is humbling to know that although I am often unfaithful to my God, He is never unfaithful to me. And more than that, in response to my failures, God's blessings are dumped on me from heaven.

Why would I even hesitate to give my all? How can we do anything BUT serve this altogether faithful God?

7 comments:

Reads said...

We too have been amazed recently by all that God has provided. I can't begin to list all the things here, but most of it has been for the baby. We don't deserve all that God gives us, but for some reason He, in His love, gives to us freely.

LMLogan said...

AMEN!

The Two of Us said...

Jenny,

That is awesome! It is so great to see God's hand of provision over and over. Thanks for sharing your praise as it helps all of us as well - kind of like "works of God" testimonies on Mondays!

Jenny said...

maybe mondays should be "works of God" posting days! :-) I always loved hearing those testimonies!!!

Abby said...

God is so amazing! It never ceases to amaze me how good He is to us! We fail Him so many times, but He NEVER fails us! Let's all sing together now - God is so good.. . . .!

Reads said...

Love the Works of God testimony idea. I love to hear how our God is working. We do not serve a dead God. PTL!!

Kelli said...

Wow, what huge blessigs those things are to you! Thank you for sharing; that is very encouraging!