Thursday, May 30

Operation Grocery Budget 2019: May Report

WOOHOOO! Made it! There were lots of things that contributed to this, but mostly it was us not being at home, me planning super easy meals we could make using one pan, and a lot more meatless meals simply due to time. Anyway, I’ll take it. I do have a stack of receipts to check through but I think I got almost everything.

One thing that helped immensely this month is that Walmart Grocery pickup opened in our area on the 7th. I buy produce myself, but a lot of the staple items are now being purchased at Walmart. That store is so overwhelming for me, in many ways, but if I don’t have to go in, big win. All the people Doug the shopping for me have done an amazing job and I couldn’t be happier with the fact that it is a free assertive! Yahoo!

OH and another thing that really helped is having Aaron retested for gluten issues and he has gotten past it! So one less person to feed expensive bread and snacks to is also helping the bottom line! 😂



Hopefully the rest of the summer will be more of the same - growing kids eating healthy food and me staying on top of the grocery budget! Feeling back in the groove is a good good feeling!


No comments: